2015 Review of resources pages
I will thoroughly review the resources pages at some point in 2015 to add new resources, bring others up-to-date and remove those which have changed/disappeared since these pages were created. Until then, I hope you will find the current links useful and welcome your feedback.
The key resources are arranged by type of use and when one might wish to use them. There follows a selection of resources, which I will update from time-to-time ordered by subject interest. I hope to also provide some insight and information into how useful these resources are and for what purpose one might find them of use.
It is perhaps most helpful to start with where to find information or resources on the internet. As such, these catalogues and search engines are highly useful.
- RIBA Catalogue – This is an incredibly useful place to start a search or to search for journal articles. On can search by place, building, Architect etc. in addition to the usual title and author fields. If, for example you search for a building, all catalogued journal articles will appear in the search in addition to books. This is of course only of use if you are looking to search for something architectural. Find it at: http://www.architecture.com/LibraryDrawingsAndPhotographs/RIBALibrary/Catalogue.aspx
- Copac – A merged online catalogue of items from UK University, Academic and Specialist catalogues including the British Library. Find it at: http://copac.ac.uk/
- World Cat – A rather useful search tool, which will find items in many librariesaround the world that have signed-up, including local and University libraries in addition to the British Library. It will show which libraries that have your searched item are closest to you. Find it at: http://www.worldcat.org/
Key Electronic Journal and Book Resources
- JSTOR – An digital archive of journals and other scholarly works. Find it at: http://www.jstor.org/
- Google Books – Google Books contains many digital copies out-of-print books and excerpts for others. Find it at: http://books.google.com/advanced_book_search
You may also like to have a look at the ‘Electronic Resources’ sections below, where more resources are listed.
The resources fall across the following pages:
About these resources…
I will endeavour to maintain the links and comment for these resources. Please do notify my if any of the links cease to work or the resources somehow change and as such the comment needs editing.
Disclaimer: I provide the resources on this page purely as a helpful guide. As such, I do not necessarily endorse their content, opinions or beliefs. As these are (most often) third-party resources, I cannot guarantee their availability, suitability or authority of their content. I do not have control over third-party resources and as such cannot be held responsible for any matters arising from your use or visiting of these resources.